Tuesday 12 December 2017

Bbz (Soul Sister)

Our shoulders
touch and
I play with
your hair
tenderly

between
the two of us
there is no
"don't touch
my hair"

because I am
a part of you
and you are
a part of me

we connect
without
speaking -

our lived
experiences
coalesce
and create
an entity
of their own

a universal
understanding
of fear, pain,
deep love,
intimacy,
care,
independent
but ubiquitous
trauma, fetish-is-
ation, and
oppression

we come together
through it all
and nurse each-
other into a well-
being with a love
so deep that no-
one without
melanin will
ever understand

it is eternally
safe and the
only heavenly
thing that we -
women of colour -
have in this horrid
and despicable
world

Gurl, I say,
touching
your glowing
skin:

You (we)
    are
        life.

You
kiss
my
hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment