Monday 11 September 2017

Lapses in Bright Intuition

"Get the fuck up
and get out
of my
house!", he
shouted -

without
saying any--
thing at all.

Inaction
mobilised
me into
nothing.

I let myself
wither, make
it to the cusp
of dying, only
to pick myself
up and wither
again.

I am not
made for this.
Perhaps life
would be
simpler if I
settled for

what I should 
have been.
But true faith
is in the
unseeing
of things -

it is im-
possible
to go back now.
Unsee all the
unseeing,
taking the leap
of faith

into a known
nothingness.
Is it faith if
you know
exactly what
it is?

I got up, and
got out. But
not because I
wanted to

bad habits over-
ride intuition
like the quiet
violence of
dreams

silently
rediscovering
the ordinary
in the face
of nothing

describing
a struggle
that is
endless -
ah, that is
ordinary.

That is ordinarily
yourself.

I got the fuck up
and got out -
  but I also never
   left.

No comments:

Post a Comment